ICPJ is hiring. Click through for the full job description.
Organization: Founded in 1965, the Interfaith Council for Peace & Justice (ICPJ) empowers people of faith and people of conscience in the Washtenaw County/Ann Arbor, Michigan area to act on their moral and religious values to build a better world. Linking international, national and local issues, ICPJ advocates the involvement of congregations and community members in the important ethical dilemmas we face. Our current active volunteer task forces focus on the following issue areas: racial and economic justice, war and nuclear disarmament, hunger concerns, climate change, the Middle East, and Latin America.
- Ensure effective implementation of ICPJ programs, including direct responsibility for three member-led task forces and some ICPJ events. Support volunteers, provide informational resources and materials, coordinate public events, facilitate meetings, etc. Anticipated task force assignments are Hunger, Climate Change and Earth Care, and NO Weapons, NO War (NOW);
- Promote ICPJ programs to congregations and members through various communication channels and act as ICPJ representative at public events, meetings, and in personal relationships;
- Work as a team with other ICPJ staff on administrative tasks including phone coverage, data processing, and other help as needed;
- Support fundraising efforts and special events;
- Support additional committees;
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to peace and justice
- Openness to working with people from a variety of faiths and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in team/group settings
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Time-management skills
- Experience with word and data processing software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher) (preferred)
- Public speaking skills (preferred)
- Community organizing experience (preferred)
- Event organizing experience (preferred)
Salary and Benefits: The position is a part-time salaried position at 32 hours/week (.8FTE). Starting salary (based on a $30,000-$36,000 full time salary) will be $24,000-$28,800, depending on experience. Three weeks of vacation, increasing to 4 weeks after the first year, ten paid holidays, ten paid sick days. Flexible scheduling. Health care stipend available.
Hire date: August or September, 2011.
Application: Please send cover letter and resume with three references to: email@example.com, Personnel Committee, ICPJ, 1679 Broadway, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, or fax to (734) 663-0476 (email preferred).
Deadline: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 5pm.